In large networks, the proxy settings often take control over the connection to the Internet. But if there is need for a direct connection to the network, you should turn off the proxy. So, how to disable proxy settings in Windows 8? Here are the answers.
Especially in large enterprise networks, the proxy is used to connect your computer to the Internet provides. All incoming and outgoing requests are running through it. If you want the Internet connection on your PC, using a different connection will only work if you disable the Windows 8 proxy all in one. Typically, you can do this under your browser settings.
Turn off the proxy in Internet Explorer
If you use Internet Explorer to surf the net, you can disable the proxy in the browser settings as follows:
- Open the program and go to Internet Options by clicking in the menu under “Extras”.
- Then click on the tab for the connections by clicking on “LAN Settings” options for your connection.
- Uncheck the box in the following window for the proxy server
- Click the “OK” button, the proxy now is turned off on your computer.
Disable the proxy in Firefox
Using the Firefox browser, you can easily disable the proxy in the System settings.
- Open the settings in the menu “Edit” and then “Settings”.
- The browser options are on front of you. Click in the right part of the settings menu and click “Advanced” then.
- From there on you can go to the tab “Network”, it is to find directly in the connections settings.
- The first option you can choose here is how your browser connects to the network.
- Click the “Settings” button to modify the connection.
- Activate the “No Proxy” option in the window to follow, and save the new settings by clicking the “OK” button.
It can happen, that your network requires a number of proxy addresses, that are used by different services. To set different protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP run on you machine, click the Advanced button. In the pop up window you can set proxy server addresses individually, for each and every service you need.
When you are finished with this, confirm the changes, and the choices you opted for with OK. After you reboot your system, the new settings are activated or disabled all together. Yes, it is as simple as that.
If you want just to disable proxy, do not dig that deep. The first part of the article where we describe how to disable proxy settings in Windows 7, 8 will suffice. The procedure is almost identical, no matter whether you are running IE, Firefox, Safari or Opera browser.