If you’re wondering what the difference between a Residential Proxies and a Data Center proxy is, you already know what a proxy is and what it’s for. But you can’t decide which proxies to choose yet. In this article we will tell you the difference between these types of proxies.
Having some idea of these types of proxies, we can highlight the following differences:
- Price. Residential Proxies have a high price, while the price of 1 Data Center proxy can start from 0.02$.
- Anonymity. Since Data Center proxy is a kind of intermediary between an Internet service provider and a buyer of proxy servers and there is no direct connection between them, this type of proxy is more anonymous and it becomes almost impossible to determine the real IP-address. While Residential Proxies are provided by ISPs themselves, it is possible to determine the real IP address.
- Mass use. Data Center proxy providers can provide access to hundreds of thousands of IP addresses. Residential Proxies cannot boast of such a large number of IP addresses, and if some providers can provide a large number of IP addresses, the price for them will be very high.
- Security. Residential Proxies are issued in one hand and you can be sure that no one can interfere with your work. With Data Center proxy, you need to be careful and buy them from trusted vendors. These proxies can be used by multiple people at the same time, so there is an increased risk of getting blocked on some sites before you go there.
- Legitimacy. Some websites and services may prohibit the use of proxies to work with them. Because Residential Proxies are provided by real service providers, it is impossible to determine that this is a proxy server and not a normal Internet connection. This is not the case with Data Center proxy. If you buy low-quality proxies or use free lists, they can be defined as proxies and these IPs will be blacklisted.
Above are five main differences. But it is worth noting that everyone chooses the type that suits them. One needs cheap proxies for multithreaded work, the other needs home IP addresses, which will not differ from the real IP addresses. Therefore, it is impossible to say which type is better and which is worse. This solution is up to you.